Skip to main content

The Ember months are here again!

The ember months are here again friends,the hustle,the bustle,the razzmatazz of make quick money wrestle with everyone as we go further into the ember months.This is always the time when lots of evil permeate our immediate environment,but it always seems to me like the recurrent events do not even teach our people any lessons.More often than not,people make thesame mistakes that have been made and again and again they are trapped.

I particularly think that this year is a very peculiar one.What,with the increase in robbery attacks both on our highways and in our homes,the incessant kidnap cases,rape cases,murder cases and other cases which are better left unmentioned here.And now the ember months are here when these marauding beasts terrorize the society even more.

I am yet to see any people as religious as Nigerians who wish away reality by words like "it is not my portion" or "Allah kia aye".Well,whose portion is it then?Nobody would ever wish himself evil.Do not get me wrong,I believe in faith or the power of positive thinking but my angst is that it is always obvious that most people simply pay lip service to those words because their actions are very far from what they say.There are certain things you just cannot wish away and reality is one of them and truth is yet another.As long as we are alive,evil will continually trail us!.It is what you do when you meet evil that makes the difference!

It is a very beautiful to do:prayer,never seen any better gift to man than to talk to the maker of the universe,truth is,God in his infinite wisdom equally blessed us with wisdom such that we will not always come running to him for things we can handle;like you need not pray and ask for God's will before you brush yout teeth or do you?Likewise you need not ask for God's will to be careful in this season.

However,for the sake of emphasis I would remind you of what you know;No unplanned trips because most unplanned trips lead to unplanned deaths,no accomodation of strangers because he could be a spy,no unnecessary show off beacuse you never know who is watching,no keeping of late nights because evil is at its best at nights,no getting drunk because wine makes you foolish to the point of selling yourself,no trusting anyone beacuse it is a wicked world we live in,everyone is a suspect,lock your doors and look out for the children because you are your best security apart from God and most importantly,no prayerless life because once you are not praying,you are exposed to every and anything!.

The ember months are here again,more than before,make CAREFULNESS your watch word.May we all see the end of these months.

Comments

Danny Moore said…
Amanda!this is a most beautiul piece.You are a good writer,capable of holding yur reader spell bound and so willing to see the end.Well done...stumbled on this while making a research..

Popular posts from this blog

Tired of giving!

Oops!it's been rain rain rain in this part of my world for the past one week.At times it can be really annoying,especially when you have planned a fun day and the rains come pouring down making the ground all wet and irritating.If there is anything I love to do,it is shopping.I had planned to go shopping and the rain wouldn't just go away so I threw caution to the wind and grabbed my little umbrella.Out in the rain I went,quickly hailed a cab and zoomed to the market. The entrance to the market was something else.Obviously like me,the rain couldn't deter so many people.People were milling around everywhere,even beggars sat put in their positions begging for alms from all who passed them.One of them particularly caught my attention.Unlike others he was standing,his buttons were all undone and I saw something like a rope connected to his navel,tracing the end,I saw something like a drip or something but some kind of satchet with some content in it in his hand and then there w...

Why do they keep staring?

In these few years God has blessed me with on earth,I have seen so many things:the good,the bad,the ugly.I am so curious about men and their way of thinking.He is driving on the road,he is looking,in the office,he is looking,in the park,he is looking,even in church he is looking...Chei!what is it?.He gladly boasts that every man is wired that way,he couldn't be different. Ladies,have you ever been looked at by a guy so badly that you almost puked?There are those whose stares make you feel like smacking them behind and saying,don't be silly!.There are others whose stares make you feel embarrased and uncomfortable but there are those who make you feel like a queen made to be worshipped.Hahah...yea,I know that feeling...hey,don't worry the feeling is mutual.I like it too.I mean who doesn't want to feel wanted?. However,I am particularly curious about why some men just go bonkers at the sight of a woman.Why his nose will trace a perfume to the owner?Why his mouth will hang ...

Strictly by IV!

I have always believed that weddings should be one of the happiest days in a couple's life.Overtime,I have seen couples swing from happy mood to sad because there are a lot more people than they budgeted for present at their wedding.In my dear country Nigeria,believe me,weddings are jamboree occassions.Invited or not,known to the couple or not,you can attend a wedding if you want to.I sincerely think that knowing the number of people coming to your wedding will help you curb expenses and stay within budget. Sadly,many people feel that weddings should be a happy moment for everyone and anyone present at the wedding as in come one,come all!.Well,if you have a blank cheque you can open your doors to the whole country!Some people actually think it is rude to be strict with the number of people you invite to your wedding,anyway you could choose to add +2 people besides the name of whomever you give an invitation.I personally think that the best way to have a fantastic wedding is to acco...