Skip to main content

Adaoma Esther Chizomam Amadi: Lives on after 4 years

 


She was my confidant, my best friend, she was my go to one stop shop for anything at all. She was my mother. I am yet to know a woman so passionate and resilient. An embodiment of beauty and brilliance. She was emphatically an exceptional human being. I was rarely privileged to call her mother. Her death has been my greatest pain and regret. I don't know if the pain will ever go away but I am persuaded that her absence has spurred me on to build my faith in God for I had faith in her faith in God. I do not have words weighty enough to describe this woman I once called mother nor the pain of her loss. I can however, say that she lives on in my heart. Ezinne m, Udo!

Comments

Eka said…
Wow! What a eulogy! May her dear soul continue to rest in peace. Take heart
Anonymous said…
Take heart! What a mother you must have had. May her soul continue to find rest in God. AMEN
Josh said…
Eyaa... I lost my mum about 6 years ago, so I certainly know how you feel. It's a difficult, somewhat torturous journey. May God continue to streghten us and grant the faithful departed, eternal rest in his bossom. Amen
Joy said…
I like the way you write. It's beautiful. I just kept smiling reading through the line. May her soul continue to rest in the lord's bosom.
Yinka said…
I stumbled on this blog and oh my! what a brilliant way of writing and just making the reader feel your emotions...May her soul rest in peace. Writing is your thing. I said it!...best wishes

Popular posts from this blog

Tired of giving!

Oops!it's been rain rain rain in this part of my world for the past one week.At times it can be really annoying,especially when you have planned a fun day and the rains come pouring down making the ground all wet and irritating.If there is anything I love to do,it is shopping.I had planned to go shopping and the rain wouldn't just go away so I threw caution to the wind and grabbed my little umbrella.Out in the rain I went,quickly hailed a cab and zoomed to the market. The entrance to the market was something else.Obviously like me,the rain couldn't deter so many people.People were milling around everywhere,even beggars sat put in their positions begging for alms from all who passed them.One of them particularly caught my attention.Unlike others he was standing,his buttons were all undone and I saw something like a rope connected to his navel,tracing the end,I saw something like a drip or something but some kind of satchet with some content in it in his hand and then there w...

Woman Crush Sunday (WCS): Funke Akindele

This is Olufunke Ayotunde Akindele, a Nigerian Actress and Producer, Script writer and Entrepreneur. She is mostly referred to as Funke Akindele . Funke was born in her home town in Ikorodu local government area, Lagos State on the 24th of August 1977 to Mr. Richard Akindele a retired school principal and Mrs Alice Akindele, a medical doctor.  She attended Grace Children Schools, Gbagada and Lagos State Model College, Igbo-kuta for her primary and secondary education respectively. Funke has an OND in Mass Communication from Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Ogun State and a Law degree from  the University of Lagos.   Her journey to stardom began when she played the role of a curious but brilliant secondary school student in a popular TV series,  I Need to Know  which aired from 1998 -2002.   I Need to Know   is a United Nations Population Fund sponsored Sitcom program  created to enlighten the public on the issues teenagers face while growing up. F...

Why do they keep staring?

In these few years God has blessed me with on earth,I have seen so many things:the good,the bad,the ugly.I am so curious about men and their way of thinking.He is driving on the road,he is looking,in the office,he is looking,in the park,he is looking,even in church he is looking...Chei!what is it?.He gladly boasts that every man is wired that way,he couldn't be different. Ladies,have you ever been looked at by a guy so badly that you almost puked?There are those whose stares make you feel like smacking them behind and saying,don't be silly!.There are others whose stares make you feel embarrased and uncomfortable but there are those who make you feel like a queen made to be worshipped.Hahah...yea,I know that feeling...hey,don't worry the feeling is mutual.I like it too.I mean who doesn't want to feel wanted?. However,I am particularly curious about why some men just go bonkers at the sight of a woman.Why his nose will trace a perfume to the owner?Why his mouth will hang ...