Skip to main content

A come back and more!


I have been away from here for about four years! mhn...four good years!

You can be sure that a lot has happened in those years. I started blogging in 2010 and just followed the trend, blogging about any and everything that caught my fancy but about 2014, I resolved to narrow my focus to topics about women and this I did and changed the name of the blog from "Amandashares" to "The Woman's blog". I kept at it and then I lost my beloved mum in whom I was and am still well pleased. She was the essence of womanhood to me. I drew a lot of strength and inspiration from her being, for she was a rare kind of woman. The curtains fell for me and I retreated.

Indeed, time changes yesterday and heals wounds. I am not sure that I am quite healed from the pain her demise caused me because I remember her every single day. Though it is more than three years now but I have learnt from my place of grief not to remain in the place of obscurity , making excuses for not living the life I really should be living. I am certain that even in death, my mother would want me to thrive  here on earth and make all the impact I want to make. 

I am passionate about a lot of things, women development and gender equity, teenagers development, child development and by extension education. I am back to dig deep into these issues and get you to make your contributions if you will.

 Please join me on this journey and let's paint the world all shades of the woman's beauty!   Welcome to the woman's place!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey you! such a long time welcome back to this space... So sorry about your loss. Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Woman Crush Sunday (WCS): Funke Akindele

This is Olufunke Ayotunde Akindele, a Nigerian Actress and Producer, Script writer and Entrepreneur. She is mostly referred to as Funke Akindele . Funke was born in her home town in Ikorodu local government area, Lagos State on the 24th of August 1977 to Mr. Richard Akindele a retired school principal and Mrs Alice Akindele, a medical doctor.  She attended Grace Children Schools, Gbagada and Lagos State Model College, Igbo-kuta for her primary and secondary education respectively. Funke has an OND in Mass Communication from Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Ogun State and a Law degree from  the University of Lagos.   Her journey to stardom began when she played the role of a curious but brilliant secondary school student in a popular TV series,  I Need to Know  which aired from 1998 -2002.   I Need to Know   is a United Nations Population Fund sponsored Sitcom program  created to enlighten the public on the issues teenagers face while growing up. F...

Tired of giving!

Oops!it's been rain rain rain in this part of my world for the past one week.At times it can be really annoying,especially when you have planned a fun day and the rains come pouring down making the ground all wet and irritating.If there is anything I love to do,it is shopping.I had planned to go shopping and the rain wouldn't just go away so I threw caution to the wind and grabbed my little umbrella.Out in the rain I went,quickly hailed a cab and zoomed to the market. The entrance to the market was something else.Obviously like me,the rain couldn't deter so many people.People were milling around everywhere,even beggars sat put in their positions begging for alms from all who passed them.One of them particularly caught my attention.Unlike others he was standing,his buttons were all undone and I saw something like a rope connected to his navel,tracing the end,I saw something like a drip or something but some kind of satchet with some content in it in his hand and then there w...

Why do they keep staring?

In these few years God has blessed me with on earth,I have seen so many things:the good,the bad,the ugly.I am so curious about men and their way of thinking.He is driving on the road,he is looking,in the office,he is looking,in the park,he is looking,even in church he is looking...Chei!what is it?.He gladly boasts that every man is wired that way,he couldn't be different. Ladies,have you ever been looked at by a guy so badly that you almost puked?There are those whose stares make you feel like smacking them behind and saying,don't be silly!.There are others whose stares make you feel embarrased and uncomfortable but there are those who make you feel like a queen made to be worshipped.Hahah...yea,I know that feeling...hey,don't worry the feeling is mutual.I like it too.I mean who doesn't want to feel wanted?. However,I am particularly curious about why some men just go bonkers at the sight of a woman.Why his nose will trace a perfume to the owner?Why his mouth will hang ...