Skip to main content

Stephanie Okereke Linus starts blogging

#Lovedheropeningandthoughttoshare#
Everyone has scars. It could be the pain that stays in your heart when someone you truly love and admire does not reciprocate that same passion; it could be the bitterness of growing up in lack that shortens your expectations and opportunities in life; it could be the fear of living in a violent relationship; the regrets of past mistakes; it could also be the evidence of an accident.
Scars can make you insecure and feel less than beautiful, especially physical scars – the type that is all out for people to see. But do not let your scars stop you from living.
If your heart is heavy of pain – it is time to let it go. The scars that remain from years of un-forgiveness is so damaging that it can live you looking many years older than you really are. If you have regrets from the past, be consoled that you are human and you make mistakes. The most important thing is that you lift yourself from the gaffes you have made and bounce right into the present where you have all the power to re-write and edit your script of life!
And if it is a physical scar, do not let it control your life. Stroke the scar, remember the incident if you wish, but be thankful that you made it out alive; and you still have a chance at life! Life is the fair game we’ve all been presented with, who cares if you’ve got a bump on your chin?
Live your best life!
I have lived with my physical scars for years now – after a near-death incident, and every day I realize just how beautiful I am despite them. I have a wonderful life, a great career, a family of love – what more can a young woman ask for?
So as I welcome you to my world, I want you to come just the way you are – imperfections are allowed; we are here to learn, to grow, and become.
What scars do you suffer? Let us share and comfort one another.
-          Stephanie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman Crush Sunday (WCS): Funke Akindele

This is Olufunke Ayotunde Akindele, a Nigerian Actress and Producer, Script writer and Entrepreneur. She is mostly referred to as Funke Akindele . Funke was born in her home town in Ikorodu local government area, Lagos State on the 24th of August 1977 to Mr. Richard Akindele a retired school principal and Mrs Alice Akindele, a medical doctor.  She attended Grace Children Schools, Gbagada and Lagos State Model College, Igbo-kuta for her primary and secondary education respectively. Funke has an OND in Mass Communication from Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Ogun State and a Law degree from  the University of Lagos.   Her journey to stardom began when she played the role of a curious but brilliant secondary school student in a popular TV series,  I Need to Know  which aired from 1998 -2002.   I Need to Know   is a United Nations Population Fund sponsored Sitcom program  created to enlighten the public on the issues teenagers face while growing up. F...

Tired of giving!

Oops!it's been rain rain rain in this part of my world for the past one week.At times it can be really annoying,especially when you have planned a fun day and the rains come pouring down making the ground all wet and irritating.If there is anything I love to do,it is shopping.I had planned to go shopping and the rain wouldn't just go away so I threw caution to the wind and grabbed my little umbrella.Out in the rain I went,quickly hailed a cab and zoomed to the market. The entrance to the market was something else.Obviously like me,the rain couldn't deter so many people.People were milling around everywhere,even beggars sat put in their positions begging for alms from all who passed them.One of them particularly caught my attention.Unlike others he was standing,his buttons were all undone and I saw something like a rope connected to his navel,tracing the end,I saw something like a drip or something but some kind of satchet with some content in it in his hand and then there w...

Why do they keep staring?

In these few years God has blessed me with on earth,I have seen so many things:the good,the bad,the ugly.I am so curious about men and their way of thinking.He is driving on the road,he is looking,in the office,he is looking,in the park,he is looking,even in church he is looking...Chei!what is it?.He gladly boasts that every man is wired that way,he couldn't be different. Ladies,have you ever been looked at by a guy so badly that you almost puked?There are those whose stares make you feel like smacking them behind and saying,don't be silly!.There are others whose stares make you feel embarrased and uncomfortable but there are those who make you feel like a queen made to be worshipped.Hahah...yea,I know that feeling...hey,don't worry the feeling is mutual.I like it too.I mean who doesn't want to feel wanted?. However,I am particularly curious about why some men just go bonkers at the sight of a woman.Why his nose will trace a perfume to the owner?Why his mouth will hang ...