Skip to main content

Boko Haram issues more threat

This is how saharareporters.com is reporting it:

The militant Jama'atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda'awati Wal-Jihad, an Islamist sect widely known as Boko Haram, has revealed to SaharaReporters that it plans to launch further devastating attacks on churches and government buildings in the coming days and weeks.
On the heels of this week’s escalation of sectarian violence in Kaduna State, the sect said it planned to make the month of June 2012 the bloodiest month yet in its violent and bloody campaigns against those it tagged infidels.

A contact for the sect told SaharaReporters that his group’s planned attacks would be focused and bloody. The group’s spokesperson claimed that Boko Haram had moved some 300 suicide bombers to attack churches in Southern Kaduna as well as Plateau State.
The source also stated that the sect was determined to exact massive revenge for the Muslims killed in the Jos and Southern Kaduna areas.


To achieve its current deadly agenda, the contact said Boko Haram had recruited the sons and daughters of some Muslims killed in past religious conflicts. He revealed that the new recruits are sworn to an oath of secrecy and allegiance before they are sent to train in handling weapons, bomb making and suicide bombing in Mauritania and Somalia. On the trainees’ return to Nigeria, they are handed over to Boko Haram “welfare officers” who ensure that all their needs are met.

The contact disclosed that Boko Haram’s welfare officers provide material support for the suicide bombers’ families and relatives before and after the recruits are sent on assignments, mostly suicide missions that end their lives. He stated that Boko Haram’s welfare officers continue to cater to the needs of suicides’ families, often paying them huge "gratuities."
The contact for Boko Haram stated that the planned attacks will almost quadruple on Sunday when the sect plans to attack several churches simultaneously to prove their deadly potency. "Boko Haram intends to show to President Jonathan that his military advisers are just deceiving him," said the source.

 Apart from attacks on churches, the contact said the sect plans to attack or take over government buildings in Kano, Kaduna, Yobe and Gombe states. He added that the sect also plans a major attack on the Federal Capital territory (FCT) before the end of June to cap its possibly bloodiest campaign in June. He said Boko Haram wanted to prove that the Nigerian security agencies have in no way hampered the sect’s operations and that security forces cannot match the group’s deadly force.
The contact explained that the decision to intensify attacks this June was reportedly taken at the sect’s recent "parliamentary" meeting.

Comments

Ogar said…
What is Jonathan doing about this pple?This guy in the midst of chaos left Nigeriaa to Brazil for earth summit.A situation where presidents rush bk home if they aren't around at d time of crises,dis one dey jet out.My God...I see Nigeria disintegrating.
D bee said…
Don't mind the man..honestlt GEJ has failed Nigeria.Imagine d no of violence in this country since he assumed office...I just tire abeg.
Anonymous said…
I don siddon dey watch...

Popular posts from this blog

Reasons for sharing

Knowledge,to me is closely linked to our identity.sharing is generally a willful method of disemminating useful information to other people.By sharing, we build realationships so that what we share is received and treated with respect.Actually,knowledge sharing and relationships are interlinked.It is therefore,imperative that we share love which is the bedrock of any lasting relationship. Why am I sharing anyway? I know you are just wondering why you should bother about sharing anyway,you probably feel you are not loved enough or not loved at all.mhnnn...the question is how much love do you give,how much love can you afford to share? Well,you know what they say,habits die hard...I simply love to share and again I share out of a sense of responsibility for my future...."what you sow is what you reap!".I feel there is a huge gap that needs us to fill it,simply by sharing love. This love could be for that husband who isn't living up to responsibility,that wife who wouldn...

Tired of giving!

Oops!it's been rain rain rain in this part of my world for the past one week.At times it can be really annoying,especially when you have planned a fun day and the rains come pouring down making the ground all wet and irritating.If there is anything I love to do,it is shopping.I had planned to go shopping and the rain wouldn't just go away so I threw caution to the wind and grabbed my little umbrella.Out in the rain I went,quickly hailed a cab and zoomed to the market. The entrance to the market was something else.Obviously like me,the rain couldn't deter so many people.People were milling around everywhere,even beggars sat put in their positions begging for alms from all who passed them.One of them particularly caught my attention.Unlike others he was standing,his buttons were all undone and I saw something like a rope connected to his navel,tracing the end,I saw something like a drip or something but some kind of satchet with some content in it in his hand and then there w...

Why do they keep staring?

In these few years God has blessed me with on earth,I have seen so many things:the good,the bad,the ugly.I am so curious about men and their way of thinking.He is driving on the road,he is looking,in the office,he is looking,in the park,he is looking,even in church he is looking...Chei!what is it?.He gladly boasts that every man is wired that way,he couldn't be different. Ladies,have you ever been looked at by a guy so badly that you almost puked?There are those whose stares make you feel like smacking them behind and saying,don't be silly!.There are others whose stares make you feel embarrased and uncomfortable but there are those who make you feel like a queen made to be worshipped.Hahah...yea,I know that feeling...hey,don't worry the feeling is mutual.I like it too.I mean who doesn't want to feel wanted?. However,I am particularly curious about why some men just go bonkers at the sight of a woman.Why his nose will trace a perfume to the owner?Why his mouth will hang ...