Skip to main content

My Kitchen Today: Pasta Salad

    Thank God it is friday, a Good Friday, a day set aside annually to observe the commemoration of the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ. In honour of him, families can have a swell celebrating the victory he brings with this recipe.
 Ingredients for (6) persons:
.1 full pound of spiral pasta of different colors
.Half cup of  salad seasoning mix
.2 cups of diced cherry tomatoes
.1 chopped green bell pepper, 
.1 chopped red bell pepper
. 1 chopped yellow bell pepper
.1 cup of canned black olives, ( it should be chopped)
. 1 cup of Italian Salad dressing( optionally our regular Salad cream can be used)
   Note: The seasonings and ingredients  can be adjusted to number or health status.
 Procedures:
.In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until it is almost ready, rinse under cold water and drain.
. Turn the pasta into a bowl, add the diced variety of pepper and  black Olive
. In the bowl,  combine the pasta, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers and olives together
.Whisk together the salad spice mix and Italian dressing or Salad cream
.Pour the mixture of the Salad spice mix and  dressing into the bowl containing the pasta; toss and refrigerate overnight.
  This variety of  Salad can be eaten alone with a chilled  drink, yummy 😋😋.
 it is rich in Sodium, protein, low cholesterol and of course tasty.
    You should give it a try, enjoy!!Bon appetite.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman Crush Sunday (WCS): Funke Akindele

This is Olufunke Ayotunde Akindele, a Nigerian Actress and Producer, Script writer and Entrepreneur. She is mostly referred to as Funke Akindele . Funke was born in her home town in Ikorodu local government area, Lagos State on the 24th of August 1977 to Mr. Richard Akindele a retired school principal and Mrs Alice Akindele, a medical doctor.  She attended Grace Children Schools, Gbagada and Lagos State Model College, Igbo-kuta for her primary and secondary education respectively. Funke has an OND in Mass Communication from Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Ogun State and a Law degree from  the University of Lagos.   Her journey to stardom began when she played the role of a curious but brilliant secondary school student in a popular TV series,  I Need to Know  which aired from 1998 -2002.   I Need to Know   is a United Nations Population Fund sponsored Sitcom program  created to enlighten the public on the issues teenagers face while growing up. F...

Tired of giving!

Oops!it's been rain rain rain in this part of my world for the past one week.At times it can be really annoying,especially when you have planned a fun day and the rains come pouring down making the ground all wet and irritating.If there is anything I love to do,it is shopping.I had planned to go shopping and the rain wouldn't just go away so I threw caution to the wind and grabbed my little umbrella.Out in the rain I went,quickly hailed a cab and zoomed to the market. The entrance to the market was something else.Obviously like me,the rain couldn't deter so many people.People were milling around everywhere,even beggars sat put in their positions begging for alms from all who passed them.One of them particularly caught my attention.Unlike others he was standing,his buttons were all undone and I saw something like a rope connected to his navel,tracing the end,I saw something like a drip or something but some kind of satchet with some content in it in his hand and then there w...

Why do they keep staring?

In these few years God has blessed me with on earth,I have seen so many things:the good,the bad,the ugly.I am so curious about men and their way of thinking.He is driving on the road,he is looking,in the office,he is looking,in the park,he is looking,even in church he is looking...Chei!what is it?.He gladly boasts that every man is wired that way,he couldn't be different. Ladies,have you ever been looked at by a guy so badly that you almost puked?There are those whose stares make you feel like smacking them behind and saying,don't be silly!.There are others whose stares make you feel embarrased and uncomfortable but there are those who make you feel like a queen made to be worshipped.Hahah...yea,I know that feeling...hey,don't worry the feeling is mutual.I like it too.I mean who doesn't want to feel wanted?. However,I am particularly curious about why some men just go bonkers at the sight of a woman.Why his nose will trace a perfume to the owner?Why his mouth will hang ...