Skip to main content

The Career Woman:Digital marketing skills for the modern marketer.


 The modern marketer uses personal approach focused on building relationships with customers, adapting continuously the new digital landscapes and multiple channels of marketing to reach different customers.
The average person spends hours consuming media either buying, selling or consuming services; nearly everything we do incorporates a digital component hence the need for modern marketers to employ digital marketing skills.
 The modern marketer needs digital marketing skills to reach an enormous audience which saves money than traditional marketing methods. Digital marketing skills also allows the modern marketer to know their audience personally and  create brand loyalty.
   The notable digital marketing skills to possess amongst others are: 
. Video Production:  The modern marketer needs to know how to create quick intro video and should be able to use video editing tools to portray their talents, products and services because video will always be in demand and can easily be spread.
. SEO and SEM: a modern marketer should at least have a basic understanding of Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing respectively, the former (SEO) will help optimize all forms of content crucial for running a successful  marketing campaign while the later (SEM) will help engage the audience as well as collate their Data.
. Data Analysis: A modern marketer needs to know how to gather information about consumers behavior and be able to use it to the company's advantage, this will help improve business strategy in the future.
. Design Based Thinking & Planning:  This is a way of approaching problems   from a user centered perspective, this will help the modern marketer to solve large scale complex problems.
. Web Coding: The modern marketer should at least have the basic content management system (CMS) like Word press, this will keep the modern marketer in Vogue.
   In addition Digital marketing skills is also an act of promoting and selling products and services by leveraging on online marketing strategies such as:
. Hanging out in news sites and in social media to know customers interests and  likes 
. Creating contents to keep customers and prospective customers updated with the marketer's company's news then engage with them as friends and followers
. Engage in advertising to drive paid traffic to your website where people can see your offers
. Create an e- mail marketing to follow up with your audience to be sure they continue to get the solutions they are looking for
. Persuasive skill: This involves combining analytical thinking with creative problem solving skills that will pave way for innovative campaign ideas to drive business forward and into the hearts of the consumers.
   In summary while it is important not to forget about leveraging and improving on hard and soft skills as a modern marketer, it is important to note that having a solid foundation in basic digital skills and an indepth knowledge in advanced areas will keep marketers in business for long and will make them valuable in this modern era.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reasons for sharing

Knowledge,to me is closely linked to our identity.sharing is generally a willful method of disemminating useful information to other people.By sharing, we build realationships so that what we share is received and treated with respect.Actually,knowledge sharing and relationships are interlinked.It is therefore,imperative that we share love which is the bedrock of any lasting relationship. Why am I sharing anyway? I know you are just wondering why you should bother about sharing anyway,you probably feel you are not loved enough or not loved at all.mhnnn...the question is how much love do you give,how much love can you afford to share? Well,you know what they say,habits die hard...I simply love to share and again I share out of a sense of responsibility for my future...."what you sow is what you reap!".I feel there is a huge gap that needs us to fill it,simply by sharing love. This love could be for that husband who isn't living up to responsibility,that wife who wouldn...

Tired of giving!

Oops!it's been rain rain rain in this part of my world for the past one week.At times it can be really annoying,especially when you have planned a fun day and the rains come pouring down making the ground all wet and irritating.If there is anything I love to do,it is shopping.I had planned to go shopping and the rain wouldn't just go away so I threw caution to the wind and grabbed my little umbrella.Out in the rain I went,quickly hailed a cab and zoomed to the market. The entrance to the market was something else.Obviously like me,the rain couldn't deter so many people.People were milling around everywhere,even beggars sat put in their positions begging for alms from all who passed them.One of them particularly caught my attention.Unlike others he was standing,his buttons were all undone and I saw something like a rope connected to his navel,tracing the end,I saw something like a drip or something but some kind of satchet with some content in it in his hand and then there w...

Why do they keep staring?

In these few years God has blessed me with on earth,I have seen so many things:the good,the bad,the ugly.I am so curious about men and their way of thinking.He is driving on the road,he is looking,in the office,he is looking,in the park,he is looking,even in church he is looking...Chei!what is it?.He gladly boasts that every man is wired that way,he couldn't be different. Ladies,have you ever been looked at by a guy so badly that you almost puked?There are those whose stares make you feel like smacking them behind and saying,don't be silly!.There are others whose stares make you feel embarrased and uncomfortable but there are those who make you feel like a queen made to be worshipped.Hahah...yea,I know that feeling...hey,don't worry the feeling is mutual.I like it too.I mean who doesn't want to feel wanted?. However,I am particularly curious about why some men just go bonkers at the sight of a woman.Why his nose will trace a perfume to the owner?Why his mouth will hang ...