It's not like flooding is particularly new to Naija o but this year 2012,the number of recorded deaths and damage of properties worth millions of Naira caused by flood is alarming.East,West,South and even dry North are all battling flooding.Just this past weekend in a community in Nsukka ,Enugu State,the flooding, submerged and collapsed markets, schools, churches as
well as residential houses, and also left over 200 persons homeless.Over 100 people have lost their lives nationwide and even more rendered homeless.The FG and state governments are trying their best but really who fights nature?Prevention is better than cure.The Rivers Niger and Benue are overflowing their banks and people living close to water have been warned to vacate their homes.For their sakes,I hope they do so asap.
Wish I could begin to tell all the tales just on this page as concisely as possible.It will be an uphill task both for me and you too dear reader.However,October was a very busy month for me.Imagine,not having time to pen down anything for you to read?It was just too muddled up.Started with twin bombings in Abuja where I reside and then the loss of a very dear aunt.It was just too emotional for me but you can bet I am back on this blog for good.Lets keep keeping on and most importantly stay saluting the creator and giver of life.Life is a treasure no man should be quick to part with!

Comments