Skip to main content

Guilana Rancic getting double masectomy

This is how E News is reporting it:
Giuliana Rancic, who announced she was battling breast cancer in October, has decided to undergo a double mastectomy and immediate reconstruction. But in typical Giuliana style, she is turning her personal struggle into a positive message.

In exclusive comments to E! News and on Today this morning, Giuliana says she has three big reasons for going public.
MORE: Giuliana reveals cancer battle
"First, I would like to take the stigma away. 'Mastectomy' the word seemed so scary to me at first. After doing research and seeing the advancements, the surgery has come a long way from 20 years ago. The results can be incredible.
"Not only can it save your life, but you can come out feeling healthier and with a positive self-image.
"Second, I want to encourage everyone to be proactive with their health and get checked out."
And there's another, more personal reason.


"When I went public with my breast cancer diagnosis six weeks ago, the overwhelming outpouring of love, prayers and support really helped me heal faster. I want to make sure to thank everyone and give them an update for being so kind and loving and supportive."



Giuliana says that she opted for the procedure after careful deliberation and in consultation with a handpicked team of experts, "including top doctors, radiologists, women who've had mastectomies and women who've opted for alternative treatments, like lumpectomies, radiation and anti-estrogen therapy.
"It was not an easy decision but it was the best decision for me." she says.

Appearing by her side on Today was husband Bill Rancic, who has been steadfast in his support.
"Bill's been incredible," says Giuliana. "One of my first thoughts I had when I started considering the mastectomy was, 'What am I going to look like?' And then, 'What will my husband think?'
"But Bill told me, 'I don't care about the physical results. I just want you around for another 50 years. I need you healthy. I need you as my wife. I need you as a mother to our kids.'"


 Bill on Giuliana's recovery: "She's a trouper!"


The surgery is set to take place next week. But Giuliana is anticipating a quick convalescence.
"I hope for a full recovery by New Year's Eve. We're planning to be in Times Square!" she says.
"2012 is our year," adds Bill. "We're going to ring in the New Year happy and healthy."
First they have to get through the next few weeks.
"Am I scared? Yes. Scared of the unknown. Scared of the pain," Giuliana confesses. "But I'm not scared of what I'll be like. I'll have scars, but I like scars. Scars are beautiful because they tell a story.
"I'll be able to say that I survived something major and it's made me stronger. I will be a better woman for it."


I pray you heal real quick Guilana in Jesus name!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tired of giving!

Oops!it's been rain rain rain in this part of my world for the past one week.At times it can be really annoying,especially when you have planned a fun day and the rains come pouring down making the ground all wet and irritating.If there is anything I love to do,it is shopping.I had planned to go shopping and the rain wouldn't just go away so I threw caution to the wind and grabbed my little umbrella.Out in the rain I went,quickly hailed a cab and zoomed to the market. The entrance to the market was something else.Obviously like me,the rain couldn't deter so many people.People were milling around everywhere,even beggars sat put in their positions begging for alms from all who passed them.One of them particularly caught my attention.Unlike others he was standing,his buttons were all undone and I saw something like a rope connected to his navel,tracing the end,I saw something like a drip or something but some kind of satchet with some content in it in his hand and then there w...

Why do they keep staring?

In these few years God has blessed me with on earth,I have seen so many things:the good,the bad,the ugly.I am so curious about men and their way of thinking.He is driving on the road,he is looking,in the office,he is looking,in the park,he is looking,even in church he is looking...Chei!what is it?.He gladly boasts that every man is wired that way,he couldn't be different. Ladies,have you ever been looked at by a guy so badly that you almost puked?There are those whose stares make you feel like smacking them behind and saying,don't be silly!.There are others whose stares make you feel embarrased and uncomfortable but there are those who make you feel like a queen made to be worshipped.Hahah...yea,I know that feeling...hey,don't worry the feeling is mutual.I like it too.I mean who doesn't want to feel wanted?. However,I am particularly curious about why some men just go bonkers at the sight of a woman.Why his nose will trace a perfume to the owner?Why his mouth will hang ...

Strictly by IV!

I have always believed that weddings should be one of the happiest days in a couple's life.Overtime,I have seen couples swing from happy mood to sad because there are a lot more people than they budgeted for present at their wedding.In my dear country Nigeria,believe me,weddings are jamboree occassions.Invited or not,known to the couple or not,you can attend a wedding if you want to.I sincerely think that knowing the number of people coming to your wedding will help you curb expenses and stay within budget. Sadly,many people feel that weddings should be a happy moment for everyone and anyone present at the wedding as in come one,come all!.Well,if you have a blank cheque you can open your doors to the whole country!Some people actually think it is rude to be strict with the number of people you invite to your wedding,anyway you could choose to add +2 people besides the name of whomever you give an invitation.I personally think that the best way to have a fantastic wedding is to acco...