Skip to main content

Have you asked the question why?

Last week I was sharing with a colleague about certain issues that affect us as individuals and a people.I asked a simple question:Can you marry a man who is not the same tribe as you?.She paused for a while and then said,It depends on what you mean,and I thought to myself,how complex is my question that it should be depending on a presumed meaning that she thinks I have?So I rephrased my question,can you marry a man who doesn't speak your native language?.Feeling trapped,she coughed slightly in preparation for her answer which she obviously had thought of while I was rephrasing my question...Well,she began,thinking of it now,given the directness of your question which kind of makes it more serious than I have ever taken it...mhn...I may find it a little difficult.I thought so too about you,I quietly told myself.

I have found out that many people do not take a lot of things into consideration before they get married,little wonder,the high rate of divorce in our society today.Is it about the heat of the moment or the monumental heat?the initial pangs of passion or the endless bliss we all pray for.Will it be till death do us part like we recite to tie the knot or happily ever after like we all dream about?What will be the reason for anyone to want to get married and spend the rest of your life with one particular person and be queried when you attempt to spend "unnecessary" time with any other person?.Why would you want to submit to only one person when there are many men/women everywhere?Why do you want to get married and why does it have to be that particular person?Have you ever sat down to think about it?Could it be for companionship,for sex,for money,for security,for fame,sympathy,religion,tribe or even sentiments?






Life is a bundle of joy yet complex like a friend of mine would often say.However,life is what we make of it.Our everyday decisions create the pathways we walk upon in life.The road may be rough or smooth depending on how hard we have worked to clear the road.For no success comes without handwork,although handwork is no longer trendy for this generation that will rather not toil nor sweat to get the best out of life. Anyone could choose to live in a fool's paradise ,yet anyone could also choose to live in the complex reality of life and create a paradise for himself.

You could have other reasons that I did not mention here,but the truth remains that for every action we take,there is always a reason behind it,even when you have no reason,not having a reason is a reason you have chosen for your action!Believe me,whatever your reasons for getting married may be,it will ultimately define your marital relationship with your spouse! So be smart let honesty at least be at the base of the reason that will inform your action.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reasons for sharing

Knowledge,to me is closely linked to our identity.sharing is generally a willful method of disemminating useful information to other people.By sharing, we build realationships so that what we share is received and treated with respect.Actually,knowledge sharing and relationships are interlinked.It is therefore,imperative that we share love which is the bedrock of any lasting relationship. Why am I sharing anyway? I know you are just wondering why you should bother about sharing anyway,you probably feel you are not loved enough or not loved at all.mhnnn...the question is how much love do you give,how much love can you afford to share? Well,you know what they say,habits die hard...I simply love to share and again I share out of a sense of responsibility for my future...."what you sow is what you reap!".I feel there is a huge gap that needs us to fill it,simply by sharing love. This love could be for that husband who isn't living up to responsibility,that wife who wouldn...

Tired of giving!

Oops!it's been rain rain rain in this part of my world for the past one week.At times it can be really annoying,especially when you have planned a fun day and the rains come pouring down making the ground all wet and irritating.If there is anything I love to do,it is shopping.I had planned to go shopping and the rain wouldn't just go away so I threw caution to the wind and grabbed my little umbrella.Out in the rain I went,quickly hailed a cab and zoomed to the market. The entrance to the market was something else.Obviously like me,the rain couldn't deter so many people.People were milling around everywhere,even beggars sat put in their positions begging for alms from all who passed them.One of them particularly caught my attention.Unlike others he was standing,his buttons were all undone and I saw something like a rope connected to his navel,tracing the end,I saw something like a drip or something but some kind of satchet with some content in it in his hand and then there w...

Why do they keep staring?

In these few years God has blessed me with on earth,I have seen so many things:the good,the bad,the ugly.I am so curious about men and their way of thinking.He is driving on the road,he is looking,in the office,he is looking,in the park,he is looking,even in church he is looking...Chei!what is it?.He gladly boasts that every man is wired that way,he couldn't be different. Ladies,have you ever been looked at by a guy so badly that you almost puked?There are those whose stares make you feel like smacking them behind and saying,don't be silly!.There are others whose stares make you feel embarrased and uncomfortable but there are those who make you feel like a queen made to be worshipped.Hahah...yea,I know that feeling...hey,don't worry the feeling is mutual.I like it too.I mean who doesn't want to feel wanted?. However,I am particularly curious about why some men just go bonkers at the sight of a woman.Why his nose will trace a perfume to the owner?Why his mouth will hang ...