Skip to main content

I'm Tired!!!

Last night,I hardly could sleep!.I tossed uncountably on my bed from one end to the other.It was a very chilly night,so cold that my duvet felt like cotton cloth.I hugged my fat pillows so tightly like an unseen hand was about to snatch it away from me.All of a sudden I realized how lonely I felt.It dawned on me more than ever before how much I need to get married and have my own kids.

Sincerely,I do not want to come across to you as desperate or make you begin to think that age must be pursuing me out of this world.The truth is that,there comes a time in a woman's life that she begins to desire companionship and the need for a man to connect with.Those times that you need to talk to someone about destiny issues in the wee hours of the morning,those times that your hands are too full and it is only the one who is trusted and loved that can lend you a helping hand ,those times when you need to come back home into loving arms.There just comes that kind of time in a woman's life and I am believing in a man's life too.

One thing I don't want to live my life doing is regretting!.Beyond existing,I want to live and not just any kind of life but a life that will leave a lasting impression on whomever  I come across.I don't just want to be a wayfarer,God forbid bad thing my brother.My sister,tufiakwa!!!.The funny thing is that there are many guys out there seeking for just not women but wives and with all humility I have come across some of them too who have genuine and noble intentions,but you see,marriage is more than having genuine and noble intentions.It is more like two souls MUTUALLY agreeing to accept each others shortcomings and complement one another.It should never be one-sided.It is about two people and they must more than anything else agree.

It seems to me like our generation is misplacing priorities as far as marriage is concerned.More and more men are afraid of the institution of marriage and more and more women prefer to be baby mamas than wives!.I do not want to blame anybody given the high rate of divorce trailing what once looked like the sweetest of marriages.However,I'd rather be a wife and then a mother!.Believe me,I am tired of being single.As much as I know I am getting married soonest,it suddenly seems like I prefer it now than the soonest.Dear Lord,fastforward it.If you are in the spirit,shout a big Amen o!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tired of giving!

Oops!it's been rain rain rain in this part of my world for the past one week.At times it can be really annoying,especially when you have planned a fun day and the rains come pouring down making the ground all wet and irritating.If there is anything I love to do,it is shopping.I had planned to go shopping and the rain wouldn't just go away so I threw caution to the wind and grabbed my little umbrella.Out in the rain I went,quickly hailed a cab and zoomed to the market. The entrance to the market was something else.Obviously like me,the rain couldn't deter so many people.People were milling around everywhere,even beggars sat put in their positions begging for alms from all who passed them.One of them particularly caught my attention.Unlike others he was standing,his buttons were all undone and I saw something like a rope connected to his navel,tracing the end,I saw something like a drip or something but some kind of satchet with some content in it in his hand and then there w...

Woman Crush Sunday (WCS): Funke Akindele

This is Olufunke Ayotunde Akindele, a Nigerian Actress and Producer, Script writer and Entrepreneur. She is mostly referred to as Funke Akindele . Funke was born in her home town in Ikorodu local government area, Lagos State on the 24th of August 1977 to Mr. Richard Akindele a retired school principal and Mrs Alice Akindele, a medical doctor.  She attended Grace Children Schools, Gbagada and Lagos State Model College, Igbo-kuta for her primary and secondary education respectively. Funke has an OND in Mass Communication from Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Ogun State and a Law degree from  the University of Lagos.   Her journey to stardom began when she played the role of a curious but brilliant secondary school student in a popular TV series,  I Need to Know  which aired from 1998 -2002.   I Need to Know   is a United Nations Population Fund sponsored Sitcom program  created to enlighten the public on the issues teenagers face while growing up. F...

Why do they keep staring?

In these few years God has blessed me with on earth,I have seen so many things:the good,the bad,the ugly.I am so curious about men and their way of thinking.He is driving on the road,he is looking,in the office,he is looking,in the park,he is looking,even in church he is looking...Chei!what is it?.He gladly boasts that every man is wired that way,he couldn't be different. Ladies,have you ever been looked at by a guy so badly that you almost puked?There are those whose stares make you feel like smacking them behind and saying,don't be silly!.There are others whose stares make you feel embarrased and uncomfortable but there are those who make you feel like a queen made to be worshipped.Hahah...yea,I know that feeling...hey,don't worry the feeling is mutual.I like it too.I mean who doesn't want to feel wanted?. However,I am particularly curious about why some men just go bonkers at the sight of a woman.Why his nose will trace a perfume to the owner?Why his mouth will hang ...