Skip to main content

Still asking "WHY"?

I cannot but keep asking why our world is the way it is.A place where stand is run and run means a command to stand at attention.Why is evil so easy to live with and the good so hard to tolerate?Why would people consciously decide to become armed robbers and prostitutes and wholeheartedly blame it on the society?Why do politicians shamelessly steal public funds and the name embezzlement hypes it endlessly?Why would a married man constantly prove that marriage is a license to commit adultery?Why would dating an older man who is married be celebrated by any woman at all?Why is sex so cheap these days?Why are religious leaders worshipping money rather than God?Endless whys...but wait...why are we so judgemental and so quick to draw conclusions?

I was on my way home from work last week at about 9pm when I saw a little boy.I couldn't resist stopping to ask him what he was doing at that time in the heart of a city.Just before I opened my mouth to ask,I saw a bowl full of satchets of water sitting next to him.He was clad in a pair of black shots and a t-shirt that seemed to have been white.He was shivering,for it was a cold rainy night.His head was sadly bent over his body counting the few money notes in his hand.His name he said was Joshua and he is just 10 years.Joshua lives with his mother's younger sister in a suburb miles away from where I saw him.Tears welled up in my eyes.He looked most pitiable.I chatted with Joshua for some good minutes and made sure I shared my love with him.When I saw the smile light up his sullen face...I thought to myself..."my job is done here."

Yes,answers bow only to questions but if we just ask,receive answers and do nothing about the answers received...more complex questions wil ask us to a duel.Just a little a love will solve any questions,even those as tall as the mountains and and as stubborn as the raging sea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woman Crush Sunday (WCS): Funke Akindele

This is Olufunke Ayotunde Akindele, a Nigerian Actress and Producer, Script writer and Entrepreneur. She is mostly referred to as Funke Akindele . Funke was born in her home town in Ikorodu local government area, Lagos State on the 24th of August 1977 to Mr. Richard Akindele a retired school principal and Mrs Alice Akindele, a medical doctor.  She attended Grace Children Schools, Gbagada and Lagos State Model College, Igbo-kuta for her primary and secondary education respectively. Funke has an OND in Mass Communication from Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Ogun State and a Law degree from  the University of Lagos.   Her journey to stardom began when she played the role of a curious but brilliant secondary school student in a popular TV series,  I Need to Know  which aired from 1998 -2002.   I Need to Know   is a United Nations Population Fund sponsored Sitcom program  created to enlighten the public on the issues teenagers face while growing up. F...

Tired of giving!

Oops!it's been rain rain rain in this part of my world for the past one week.At times it can be really annoying,especially when you have planned a fun day and the rains come pouring down making the ground all wet and irritating.If there is anything I love to do,it is shopping.I had planned to go shopping and the rain wouldn't just go away so I threw caution to the wind and grabbed my little umbrella.Out in the rain I went,quickly hailed a cab and zoomed to the market. The entrance to the market was something else.Obviously like me,the rain couldn't deter so many people.People were milling around everywhere,even beggars sat put in their positions begging for alms from all who passed them.One of them particularly caught my attention.Unlike others he was standing,his buttons were all undone and I saw something like a rope connected to his navel,tracing the end,I saw something like a drip or something but some kind of satchet with some content in it in his hand and then there w...

Why do they keep staring?

In these few years God has blessed me with on earth,I have seen so many things:the good,the bad,the ugly.I am so curious about men and their way of thinking.He is driving on the road,he is looking,in the office,he is looking,in the park,he is looking,even in church he is looking...Chei!what is it?.He gladly boasts that every man is wired that way,he couldn't be different. Ladies,have you ever been looked at by a guy so badly that you almost puked?There are those whose stares make you feel like smacking them behind and saying,don't be silly!.There are others whose stares make you feel embarrased and uncomfortable but there are those who make you feel like a queen made to be worshipped.Hahah...yea,I know that feeling...hey,don't worry the feeling is mutual.I like it too.I mean who doesn't want to feel wanted?. However,I am particularly curious about why some men just go bonkers at the sight of a woman.Why his nose will trace a perfume to the owner?Why his mouth will hang ...